Friday, April 12, 2013

Message from a Reader

I wanted to share with all of you a message sent to me from one of the reader's of this blog.  It touched my heart and with her permission, I've reprinted the exact message for all of you to read.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PTSD Article you did.


Hi Charles,
     I wanted to take a moment to commend you on your excellent description of the pain experienced after a sudden break-up like that.
I went through the exact same thing, and it was so excruciating that most of my friends didn't even know how to deal with how heart-broken I was.
My fiance dumped me out of the blue on my 21st birthday back in Oct 2003 but I will never forget how awful and painful it was. It's like the experience left a scar that can't be forgotten. I'm since over him, but anything that triggers a memory about it sometimes will still bring up emotions I've buried over time.
I know what you mean by not wishing it on anyone.
     Thank you for shedding light on the experience so that more people understand.

Sincerely,
Mandy
Los Angeles, CA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Mandy for taking the time to respond.  I am so appreciative and grateful for the opportunity to connect with you, and I hope my blog has helped you and others on their path to healing from the wounds of their past pain and traumas.  

PTSD takes many forms, and it's important to know that there are others out there who understand the debilitating and crippling effects PTSD has on the sufferer and how painful it is, and what treatment options are out there to help those recover their lives.  More importantly, though, is to know that one can truly heal from this.  You don't have to live with this pain and develop coping strategies just to get through each day.  It can be healed.  

I want to encourage others to write in as well.  There may be others out there who are afraid to comment or to contact me, and I want you to know you are not alone.  One of the goals in this blog and future website is to create a forum where people can interact with others and engage in relevant topics particular to their form of PTSD, and have a resource, a community, and a home to go to where they feel safe and know that they are cared for.  Simply by knowing others have gone through the same thing, or something similar, allows others to open up their own wounds in a place where they feel safe, which is what I want to create for people, a safe place where they can be felt, and together, help heal each other from the wounds of the past.

If sending in your comments on a public platform is not comfortable for you, and you still would like to comment, please send it to my email at charlespacello@gmail.com.  I will keep all comments confidential and between us, unless it is something we agree to publish through my name, while keeping your identity secure and private.  I totally understand the need to keep these things private, these are painful memories that we often don't want even our closest friends or loved ones to know about, and I promise I would never violate the sacredness of the honor you've given me by sharing with me your story.  You have my word.  I want to help you heal from this in any way that I can, whether its through my program, or another one that works for you, I truly want this for you.  It's my passion, mission, and purpose to heal people from the effects of PTSD, no matter where or how they got it.  Let me know how I can be of service to you in your healing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment